Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The sweaters and the things.

Today in my teenage angst, I reference in my post title that episode of 30 Rock where they try to coerce  Tracy back into work by having a guy from accounting call him and do an impersonation of Bill Cosby. Good lord it's funny.

Anyway, here are some things.

Craft Wars. 

Paling Around: Baby kangaroo and wombat share a pouch together.



Suzy made me a special Stars gif.

Orphaned spotted lamb adopted by a dalmatian dog.

Cry Me a River - David Garrett

Trampire: why the slut-shaming of Kristen Stewart matters for young women.

Cat takes off glasses to snuggle.

Why I will be a Girl Scout, even though I never was one.

How I had an entire relationship before my coffee went cold.

Lady Crush: Rayanne Graff from My So Called Life

Divine Pain: When Church Hurts
The author of this article does a weekly piece called Faith Forays, featured on Hello Giggles. If you're interested in the reconciling of religious faith to today's less than religiously inclined society, this is the place to go.



10 Precious Pumpkins 

Donna Martin Graduates (to prostitution): My favorite made for TV movies.

Universal Rules that You Should Break

Say Anything (But Really, say what?): Five teen movie scenarios that seem romantic but are actually really weird.

14-year-old Pakistani Girl Malala shot by the Taliban for being a Feminist blogger.

Canmore.

Important topics for the rest of the Presidential debates. (This is funny. So read it anyway because might not be as obsessed with the American election as I am.)

If the Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates went to a typical teen-movie High School. (also funny and accurate)

ALSO! I entered a contest to win a Scholarship from a Jewelry company in Regina, SK - Hillberg and Berk who is in collaboration with writer, director, producer Jennifer Siebel Newsom, of the phenomenal documentary Miss Representation. We were required to make a video proclaiming our call to action in upholding the mission of Miss Representation - which you can read more about at missrepresentation.org.

IF I make it to the top 5 videos, which will be posted on Facebook, the public will determine the winner. Which I think is lame. But I'm obviously going to make the most of it. Scholarships are scholarships. SO! Here's my video, so you know what you're looking for. I'll let you know if I do indeed make the top 5 as I will require you to go to Facebook and do whatever have to in order to vote for me. Thanks a bunch guys.



Oh, also, feel free to laugh at my legitimate dance/lip synch. It's truly laughable. But come on. We do what we do for money.

No comments: