Thursday, May 10, 2012

Transitions.

Today in my teenage angst, I experienced the most epic song transition on my run today. I have this playlist that I listen to when I run. It's like nine hours long and as such could get me through a dang lot of running. It's made up of amazing songs that I love. Almost. I accidentally put this one song in from The Virgin Suicides soundtrack that really doesn't belong. As I was running around the track at high school across the street and "Young Cardinals" by Alexisonfire came on. It's an amazing pump-me-up song. I often  pump my fist in the air at key points throughout.



As the song came to a close, and there wasn't even a break, in came "O Valencia" by The Decemberists. I couldn't believe it. These songs are from vastly different genres with a vastly different vibe. One, I can only listen to while running and the other, is a good for anything type of song. And yet! They are so perfect. They are so. perfectly. matched. 


Please listen to them together. One after the other. Like load them at the same time so you can hear them fade into each other with the same epic fervor that I did. 

I hope this doesn't bomb on me. 

No comments: