Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Carrot nose.

Today in my teenage angst, I wonder. I wonder if you've ever laughed so hard milk came out of your nose. I have, but it was when I was really little. It was a fairly strange experience in the midst of my lack of life experience.

The connections between the ear, nose, and throat are a remarkable thing. It's like plumbing you know exists but don't have to utilize that often so until something goes wrong you aren't even aware of it. The other day, I was eating some carrots and choked. I coughed and sputtered and felt intrusive and apologized to those around me. After, I went to the kitchen and drank some water.

On top of this, I've been having sinus issues. It's like I'm walking around with a plate of pepper under my nose. I'm not. Either way I've been blowing my nose about 20 times a day. After choking, sputtering and getting some water, I blew my nose. The kleenex was orange.

There was carrot in the kleenex. I had carrot in my nasal passage. That's just weird. And a little bit sad. And a little bit funny. But mostly sad.

3 comments:

nova said...

That's totally happened to me before. Or just recently I had a nasty head cold and blew my nose so hard a tube under my eye felt like it got pinched. And it really hurt! Sinuses are weird.

Han said...

A friend of mine did the same and ended up with a pea shooting out their nose lol.

I have a cold at the moment and yesterday I blew my nose and my ear kept popping like when the pressure changes on a train or airplane but this was so painful - I kept trying not to blow my nose but it couldn't be helped.

It's funny how you take breathing and having a clear nose for granted and then when you have a cold you feel like you're head my fall off because you can't breathe lol.

ktpland said...

this is hilarious & happens to my bloke all the time! I've never had the privilage but he always takes great pleasure in letting me know what food he's managed to pass through his nasal cavity this time! Joy! I'll make sure he knows he's not alone! x