Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 8: My sky.

This is the sky at which I look as I go and get the mail out my front door. It is also the sky at which I look as I walk to work, the gym, the coffee shop and my sister's house. The sky is beautiful in Saskatchewan, unhindered by chemicals, tall buildings or natural landscape. The flatness of the land leaves the sky as the only thing at which to look. We're not sad though. Because it's beautiful. Just so beautiful. It greets us with amazing sunrises every morning and closes the day with equally stunning sunsets. These happen with such frequency it's overwhelmingly easy to become numbed to their beauty. 

Another element of Saskatchewan sky beauty is the Northern Lights. Scientifically referred to as the aurora borealis, these colorful lights dance around the sky dazzling all that gaze at them. This year at the Regina Folk Festival on Sunday night we watched them literally dance above us as we sat and listened and wondered the greatest of God. 

This is my sky.

1 comment:

Han said...

0H MAN SO JEALOUS!

I would love to be able to go and see the Northern Lights (or Aurora Borealis) but they are so unpredictable so it's hard to be in the right place at the right time.